Thursday, April 14, 2011
SO this is a card that I am going to send to my mom for her birthday. So I hope she doesn't look at my blog before then.
I personally love this card. The best I have ever made!
Anyways I used Creative imaginations South Seas paper as the background (double-sided). Then I stamped the background with all the stamps from Tim Holtz's set HABERDASHERY CMS105. Then I used a teal piece of scrap paper (sorry don't know the brand) and used the Tim Holtz's Sewing Room die with my vagabond die cutting machine. That thing was the best X-mas present I have ever gotten!! Anyways, I then took ribbon and wrapped it on like a skirt. Used another scrap piece of paper to make the shirt. Next, I took floss and wrapped it around the bobbin.
I finally used my new SewEasy design stitch runner. Then I took silver thread and stitched all around the two sides. That took alot of time but it was soooo worth it. I sewed on the fake paper button.
For the inside I needed to cover up my stitching so I decided to mat the inside. I used bazzill cardstock on both sides. Placed the words from Making Memories Sew.. on the front and Happy Birthday on the inside. And last but not least, I took Glossy accents to attach the hanger looking paper clips!
So this is my wonderful card. I hope you like and thanks for looking!
Challenges for this project:
1) Aud Sentimentals- Anything Goes (Thur)
2) Lili of the Valley- Happy Birthday (Thur)
3) Pixie Dust Studio- Say it Aloud (Thur)
4) Crafty Creations- Paper piecing (Wed)
5) Truly Scrumptious- Vintage (Wed)
6) Anita Be Stampin- Anything Goes (Tues)
7) Ladybug Crafts Ink- Celebrations (Tues)
8) Papertake Weekly- Truly Dimensional (Tues)
9) Tuesday Throwdown- Sparkle and Bling (Tues)
10) Craft your Passion- 2 by 2, my 2 is the form as a stamp and as a die (Mon)
11) Karen's Doodles- Happy Birthday (Mon)
12) Squigglefly- Fabric/ Stitching (Mon)
13) There's Magic in the Air- Fabric/ Stitching (Mon)
14) Totally Stampalicous- Anything Goes (Mon)