Thursday, July 29, 2010
So I just went to a class last night called easel does it at my local scrapbook store. One of my favorite teachers taught it Amy, her blog is listed on my favorite blogs ( scrappin in style, http://scrappinstyle.blogspot.com/). Sorry I wish I was better with html. Anyways she has the cards we made on her blog, so you can take a look and see what we made. BTW they are gorgeous.
When I got home and the "world went to sleep," I started scrapping away. I made 20 big and 25 little pink baby girl invitation cards. They are not totally complete. I need to put the baby info on them whenever that happens. The little pink cards I didn't take a picture of because they look the same on the outside. They are just 3 inches by 4 inches. I don't have the inside done either!
And the great thing about this is I only used 15 sheets of cardstock. The big card measures in at 4.5 inches by 6 inches. So I used the left over 3 inches to make the small card. I also looked through all my scrap paper to use on the face of the little cards. So I saved even more money and used my stash.
I am going to do boy cards sooner or later... Stay tuned!
Challenges for this project:
1) Color Create- Hot pink, warm orange, and Saffron (Thur)
2) Dutch Dare Card Challenges- Anything goes! (Thur)
3) Paper Play Challenges- Anything Goes (Thur)
4) All Sorts Challenge: Baby/ Child ( Sat)
5) Crazy 4 Challenge- Girly Love ( Sat)
6) Just Us Girls- Template (Sat)
7) Kraftin' Kimmie's Stamps- Mostly monochromatic (Sat)
8) Practical Scrappers- 7 or more (Mon)
9) Digital Tuesday Stampers- Dazzle me (Tues)
10) Kah-Wink-E-Dink - Anything Goes as long as it is cool (Tues)
11) Party Time Tuesdays- Anything Goes birthday card (Tues)
12) TCP Tuesday- Inspirational Photo Challenge (Tues)
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
So I worked on this cute little card last night.
I used the cuttlebug to make the background. Then I used the new Tim Holtz die to create the machine gears. I didn't use paper I used transparency. I used gold, coppeer, silver, and watermelon alcohol ink to color the gears.
On the background I shaded the design to give it more diminsion with Tim Holtz soot black distressing ink pads.
I took black cardstock and placed different rub-ons to make the lettering. Cut to size of the words.
I used pop-up dots to create diminsion off the card on the gears and wording. I wanted the word love to stand out so I used a clear sticker with the word love on it. Then took white enamel accents to make the dots on the word love.
I hope you like and always thanks for looking!
Here are the challenges this card are for this week:
1) Creative Belli: Alter it- transparencies (Wed)
2) Stampavie and More: #102 - Anything goes (Wed)
3) Shelly's Images: Any Day Any time (Thur)
4) Stampin' B's: Polka Dots (on the word love) (Fri)
5) Crazy 4 Challenges: Black, White, and Red (red letters of love)(Sat)
6) Just us Girls: Ink, Spray, Smash (Sat)
7) Mark's Finest Papers (Speedy cat): Punch it (Sat)
8) Ann's Creative Nook: Anything goes (Sun)
9) Crafty Ho's challenge Blog: Black, White, and ____ (Sun)
10) Sentimental Sundays: I can see clearly now (well it WAS clear) (Sun)
11) Sundays with Crissy: Monochromatic Mostly! (Sun)
12) Cupcake Craft Challenge: Acetate (Mon)
13) Practical Scrappers: Embossing (Mon)
14) Riley and Company: Cut it Out and Pop it up! (Tues)