Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recipe of the day

So I am on a diet..... I hate dieting but I gotta lose some weight and stop being lazy. I know I feel a hundred times better once I get started... Just getting started is the hard part... So here is the recipe that I decided to put on here...

This recipe is from the Biggest Loser show. The website that I got this recipe from is: http://www.thebiggestloser.info/the-biggest-loser-recipe/the-biggest-loser-recipe.html

Creamy Layered Squares
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. or 2 pkg. JELL-O brand strawberry flavor sugar free low calorie gelatin
Ice cubes
1 cup cold water
1-1/2 cups thawed cool whip lite whipped topping, divided

Take gelatin and boiling water in a large bowl.
Stir the mixture at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1-1/2 cups.
Add to gelatin stir until ice is completely melted.
Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened.
Remove 1-1/2 cups of the gelatin keep aside.
Add 3/4 cup of the whipped topping to remaining gelatin.
Stir with wire whisk until well blended and pour into 8-inch square dish.
Refrigerate about 15 minutes until set but not firm.
Carefully spoon reserved gelatin over creamy layer in dish.
Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Cut the creamy layer into 9 squares to serve.
Top each serving with a dollop of the remaining whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment